What is the Big Deal About Mobile First?
Mobile devices have proven to be more of a need than a want. Global Stats, a free online statistics tool, and compiler released a press in 2021 indicating that mobile and tablet internet usage exceeded desktop use all over the world.
What is mobile-first? Mobile-first is developing a website with consideration of creating the mobile friendly website first, followed by the desktop version.
- Developing a digital platform for your desktop first might be easier for your mood other than creating a mobile one. We understand it is “less a challenge” but in real life, it’s the actual milestone.
- Mobile-first is the ideal trick. You know why? It gives plenty of room for flexibility during web design. With the first changing mobile technologies you never know when the next algorithm will receive an upgrade.
- Alternatively, mobile is used more frequent in comparison to desktops because my friend, everyone is at all times attached to their most favorite gadget and will use it at all times. So, you want to consider reaching remotely fast to a larger mass with your website.
- Take mobile-first as a way of getting quick responsive feedback on how your website is functioning. Go ahead and fix the plugins for a better desktop experience from your users.
- Mobile use is widespread, no lie. Your business has the advantage of growing faster from mobile users who are the daily consumers other than desktop users considering that “ 80 % of internet users own a smartphone”. You might want to consider tapping a large mass of mobile users as you build the desktop version and expand the market base.
- For us, the world’s approximated 80% of mobile device users, we do check our phones as regular as ‘the moment we first open our eyes from a night’s sleep’. This is a clear indication that mobile users are actively engaged with their smartphones.
- An average designed website, we all know is a disgrace to the user. Slowly loading pages, unevenly displayed content and other problems arise when the application cannot fit the general outlook and interface of a specific device. This may result to such questions. Mobile-first is a smooth option that allows the responsiveness of a website in a given device.
- If you make your website attractive and smooth for the users’ experience, they are likely to love it and guess what! You are going to be referred.
Although, mobile-first might not be the ideal method for all people out there, you can stick to responsive website design: the development of a website to fit all kinds of able device interfaces. Judging by this, you should be first and smartly able to convert and adjust the desktop version to best fit mobile phone users and their long array of devices. Note that it is important to test your website on all devices available to your reach.
January 29, 2023
September 13, 2021
January 3, 2021